At Marda Loop Braces, we believe information and guidance should be available to you without the traditional barriers to treatment. The initial consultation is the best way to get all the answers you need in order to make the best decision for you and your family. Plus, it’s a great way to meet Dr. Andrew Chen and his friendly orthodontic team!
What To Expect
We can’t wait to welcome you to our office! Upon your arrival at Marda Loop Braces, please notify our front desk receptionist to help you get settled in. Kids, get creative with our LEGOs and crafts, or grab a controller and try to master the latest Xbox game. For our Grown Ups, get connected with our free Wi-Fi, or simply relax with a magazine and our complimentary coffee or tea.
Dr. Andrew Chen will conduct a thorough clinical orthodontic examination and explain all aspects of recommended treatment.
The Initial Examination helps to Answer:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
If orthodontic treatment is indicated, Diagnostic Records are scheduled to be completed. Often times, these diagnostic records can be taken on the same day as the initial
What are Diagnostic Records?
- Digital Scan of the teeth to create a 3D Virtual Study Model
- Digital Photographs of the bite, the teeth and the face
- Panoramic and cephalogram radiographs and tracings
- Doctor’s examination of the diagnostic records and determining the best course of treatment.
What is the Cost of the Treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. If treatment is required, the treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options during the initial exam. Your Health Spending Account (HSA) can be used towards orthodontic treatment performed.
What Does my Investment Include?
Your investment includes:
- Initial Orthodontic Diagnostic records, which consists of x-rays, study models and a personalized growth study workup to determine your treatment objectives.
- All Active Orthodontic treatment visits within the estimated treatment time including orthodontic adjustments, progress and final digital photographs and all digital x-rays.
- One set of final retainers for our comprehensive (Phase II) patients is provided upon completion of treatment. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
What Doesn’t my Investment Include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice.
- If an accident, injury or excessive growth spurt occurs during treatment which results in either TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular-Joint) complications, additional orthodontics, extractions or orthognathic surgery, etc, a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment under these unusual circumstances.
- Orthodontic Appliances are durable and should last through the entire treatment period if the patient follows instructions. If appliances require replacement due to loss, breakage, misuse or failure to eliminate foods that cause damage, there may be an additional replacement fee.
Assignment of Benefits
Though we do not accept assignment of benefits from your insurance plan but we will be happy to assist in the claims process so that you, as the insured, can be reimbursed directly. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments can be made if any.
It is our goal to see you on time for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive on time to avoid delays as the day progresses. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after your appointment.