Marda Loop Braces is proud to welcome Chit Chat Kids Speech & Language Services to our office.
Chit Chat Kids offers speech focused screening, assessment, consultation, intervention, home programing and parent training.
Sharon Evelyn, the founder of Chit Chat Kids, has more than 20 years of experience as a Speech Langauge Pathologist and specializes in research based behavioural and intervention techniques. Her advanced training includes:
- Lively Letters
- Social Thinking
- Story Grammar Marker
- Reference and Regulation
- FASD 4-Digit Diagnostic Code Training
- Kaufman Method for Apraxia of Speech
- PODD – Pragmatic Organisation Dynamic Display
- Multi-Modal Communication and Learning Strategies
- Orofacial Rest Posture Program Level 1 and 2 (Orofacial Myology)
- PROMPT Level 1 – Prompt for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets
- It Takes Two to Talk ® – The Hanen Program ® for Parents of Children with Language Delays
Full support is provided for children and adults with communication difficulties. Therapy for children is often play-based and family centered. Parental involvement and home programming is an integral part of the service as we want to give you or your child the best opportunity to overcome speech, language and communication difficulties.
Speech-Language Pathology assessment and intervention is often covered by your employer’s insurance and is an eligible expense for your Health Spending. You may want to reference your employer’s plan description for more information.
Feel free to contact Sharon Evelyn at Chit Chat Kids for speech services if you are on a wait list with Alberta Health, between treatment blocks, or if you would simply like to augment your current speech and language services in a professional, private one-on-one setting.
Contact Sharon at Chit Chat Kids: